After those two losses against the Panthers I was beginning to wonder if we would ever win against a team in the SE Division again.
- Malone started the scoring with a goal halfway through the 1st period for his 20th of the season
- Lecavalier gets a PP goal at the end of the 2nd period. He's had 9 points in the last 8 games.
- And Downie continues to net goals by getting his 11th of the season
- The Lightning (32) had more shots on net than Carolina (22), but unlike when we played the Panthers
Tommorrow night we're going to MSG, Niitymaki will most likely be in net again, because no coach in their right mind would start Tokarski in net for his first start at MSG right? Right?
There were some rumours of the Rangers inquiring with the Lightning about Lecavalier's services, but Lawton quickly nixed the rumour today saying that they are "completely false".
“It’s complete B.S. and nobody ever calls me or even asks me,’’ Lawton said. “I haven’t talked to Glen Sather in weeks, so that is completely false that he contacted me to inquire about that. It absolutely did not happen.’ -TBO Sports
Like I've said before, if we end up seeing a Vinny trade, it will most likely in the off season at the request of the captain.
And this TMI article was pointed out by Cassie and TB_hockey_fan during tonight's game thread on Raw Charge. Seriously boys that was a bit too much info about your roommate habits, and Cristodero, you thought that quote was something you wanted to print?no comments
Both of the teams have a record of 5-4-1 in the last 10 games that they have played and both the Lightning and the Hurricans are at the bottom of the SE Division
Enemy blog: Check out the Life and Time of a Caniac
Carolina (14-26-7) is currently at the bottom of the Eastern Conference with 35 points, but don't feel too good about the Lightning as they are in 13th spot right now with 46 points. This is the fourth out of six meetings that we'll have with the Hurricanes and both teams need these two points if they want to stay alive in the playoff hunt.
This is the first of a back to back game that the Lightning will play, tomorrow night will be the Rangers. Last game Alex Tanguay scored his 200th career goal and Lecavalier notched his 400th career assist, but in the end Niitymaki couldn't make a save on the puck and the Lightning lost the game.
- Niitymaki is in net with Tokarski as backup
- Smith is out with a cervial (neck) strain
- Todd Fedoruk has returned to the active roster
- Matt Smaby is still on the injured reserve
Terrible game Saturday night? Head over to Raw Charge for Cassie's recap of the game. Tokarski made his NHL debut in the game replacing Niitymaki after he let in 5 goals. Tokarski was not the only goalie to see his first NHL game on Saturday night, in Vancouver the Penguins' 4th string WHL goalie Alex Petrusky also made his NHL debut replacing John Curry after he also let in 5 goals. Toka made 5 saves in the 3rd period for the Lightning
- Mike Smith was sent back to Tampa. According to the athletic trainer it was not due to a setback, instead it was because it was decided that Smith wouldn't be ready to play the games in the current road trip, that he was sent back to Tampa to recover
- Smaby who was out with a concussion says that he is ready to play, so there is a chance he might be in the lineup for Monday night against Carolina
- Niitymaki will start in net against the Hurricanes
- The Lightning management have fired the head coach of the Norfolk Admirals Darren Rumble on Saturday and have name Jim Johnson as the new head coach
It's at the point in the game where there is 4:39 left in the 1st period and the Lightning are down 2-1. Vokoun throws his stick to block Malone trying to stuff the puck in on a wrap around and no penalty shot was awarded, instead another McCabe roughing penalty gets called.no comments
I'm sorry, are we playing this team again? The last game was not aired where I live, and from the discussion I had with other fans, well maybe it was better off that the game wasn't aired as it was less than stellar. I don't expect this game to be available to me either. Fantastic. the only gold moment to come out of last game was Tokarski as backup, and the TBLightning twitter shared THIS pic.
Enemy blog: Check out the Litter Box Cats
Niitymaki is in net again, with Tokarski as backup. Enjoy your weekend peoples, see Raw Charge for their recap since mine will not exist.
- Todd Fedoruk is out
- Mike Smith is day to day with a cervical strain
- Matt Smaby is out with an upper boday injury
Bloguin's January NHL power rankings is up, click here to view them.
Your Tampa Bay Lightning has increased 6 spots to #23 since the last rankings were done. Check out the full list to see what other bloguin bloggers are saying about the other teams.no comments
I can't believe this night happened. Did tonight happen? Did we seriously win 7-4? Is life real? Why does Backstrom look like he fights worse than a girl?
Do these players still think they are trying out for Team Canada?
- Holy powerplay goals batman! There were 6 powerplay goals between the two teams tonight. Sounds fantastic and all, but that just points to the fact that way too many penalties were taken
- Do the goalies just stop trying to stop the puck on a powerplay?
- Mike Smith left the game with an upper body injury
- And then I read this on Erik Erlendsson's twitter:
What is a cervical strain exactly? I feel like this injury should apply to men.
Click "Read More" to continue...