08 October 2011
So in the first game of the season, we got to witness the Lightning win 5-1 over the Hurricanes. You could also call it a collapse of Carolina or as Canes blogger @Shutdownline described it, meltdown.
- The first period had the Hurricanes have the edge for much of it. The Lightning looked like they were trying to hold on and Roloson had to bail them out a few times.
- Jeff Skinner appears out of nowhere and it's 1-0 by the end of the 1st
- The 2nd period intermission got me acquainted with Lecavalier's "uhhhhhs" in his speach. "We want to, uh, work hard, uh, get the puck on net. Uh, one period and a time".....
- Ryan Shannon is a 5 year verteran Sun Sports? They give out veteran status like it's free candy
- Interesting to note that Ryan Shannon spent the summer working out with Marty St. Louis. I have not had visions of tiny midget hockey players
- Roloson had a patient save on Staal's deflected shot after the Stamkos boarding penalty
- St. Louis scored his 299th career goal. Crazy
- The Lightning had 5 different scorers: St. Louis, Lecavalier, Downie, Hall, Malone
- Ward is as surprised as I was that Hall scored
- Connolly had his moments. But if he hopes to stay with the team, he'll have to have a big game in the next 3 games
- Blair Jones had a great game
- Again, Blair Jones had a great game
Game 2: Lightning v. Bruins
Enemy Blog: Head over to Days of Y'Orr for your opposition blog coverage
Game time: 7:00pm EST on SUN (HD), NHLN-US
After watching 7 games of these two teams in the playoffs last year, can we get more of the same tonight? Tonight should be a good one with the two meeting early in the season after going the distance in the playoffs. The Bruins opened on Thursday, took 2 hours to raise their banner and then lost to the Flyers.
After playing last night, the Lightning will have a few changes in their line-up. Garon will be in for Roloson and my rookie all-star from last night Jones is out for tonight in place of Pyatt. Give me strength to not throw my laptop out the wind down every time Chief calls him Pie-yett throughout the night.
And remember this from the playoffs?