01 May 2011
Record: Lightning 1 Capitals 0
Previous games: Game 1: 4-2 LightningGame time: 7:00pm EST on CBC (HD), Versus (HD), RDS (HD) and on the radio
The big story going into Game 2 will be weather the Caps can bounce back from Game 1's loss to even the series. It was a surprise to the hockey world that the Lightning won on Friday night, but the win is not a surprise if you are a Lightning fan, no? But expect Washington to play a way better game tonight.
The story for the Lightning in particular is the injuries from Game 1. The Lightning will be without Simon Gagne and Pavel Kubina for tonight's game. Gagne hopes to be back for Game 3 on Tuesday in Tampa and said he feels pretty good as of today. No word yet on Kubina, and no news is bad news when it comes to injuries during the playoffs. Their replacements for Game 2 will be Blair Jones at forward and Randy Jones at defence.
- Lightning injuries: Simon Gagne (Upper body, day-to-day), Pavel Kubina (Upper body, listed as day-to-day)
- Lightning scratches: Mattias Ritola, Dana Tyrell, Matt Smaby
- Capitals injuries: Mike Knuble, Tom Poti, Dennis Wideman, John Carlson (day-to-day but is a game-time decision for Game 2)
Your pre-game reading links:
- Official Lightning preview
- Raw Charge game preview
- Rock the Red's game preview
- Snoop Dogg wears an Alex Ovechkin jersey (Russian Machine Never Breaks)
- ESPN's pre-game report by Burnside