22 March 2011
Enemy Blog: Head over to Islanders Hockey Blog for your opposition blog coverage
Record: Lightning (39-22-11) Islanders (28-33-12)
Previous games: 1-2 OT loss on December 22, 4-2 win on November 17th, 3-2 OT win on October 21
Game time: 7:30pm EST on SUN (HD) on the radio at 620 WDAE
Free Stuff: First 5,000 fans in Lightning gear get a replica Lightning jerseyThis is the last game of the season series against the Islander and this is yet another one of those games that the Lightning should win. But the Lightning have only two of their last ten games and with much of the other 'should win' games, this one will probably end in an OT loss as well.
Roloson will get the start in net tonight, and tonight's game will be the first time he's played his former team since getting traded.
Some good news for the team comes in that both Ryan Malone and Steve Downie are skating with the team. Having them both back will be huge for the team as we wind down the regular season.
- Lightning injuries: Ryan Malone is out with mid body injuries, Randy Jones has a high ankle sprain, Simon Gagne, Steve Downie
- Islander injuries: Mark Streit, Mark Eaton, Mike Mottau, Doug Weight, Kevin Poulin, Trent Hunter
- Dwaye Roloson gets the start in net
Your pre-game reading links:
- Official Lightning preview
- Raw Charge's preview
- My weekly links post over at Raw Charge
- Official Lightning game notes
- Tonight is Ohlund's 900th game of his career