01 March 2011
Enemy Blog: Head over to Running with the Devils for your opposition blog coverage
Record: Lightning (37-18-7) Devils (27-31-4)
Game time: 7:00pm EST on SUN (HD) and on the radio at 620 WDAEWe just played the Devils last week on Friday where we won 2-1 on our last home game of the 12 game homestand ending their 8 game winning streak. After not making any moves at trade deadline day, the Lightning roll in to Newark today a game tonight before taking off to Boston for a game tomorrow. The Lightning now have 20 games left before the end of the regular season.
The Devils are sitting in 13th spot right now in the Eastern Conference, but are 11 points back from eight place Hurricanes. Martin Brodeur returned to the lineup on Sunday since being kept out since February with a knee injury. They look a little different from when we last saw them since they shipped off Jason Arnott to the Washington Capitals for David Steckel and a 2nd round pick in 2012.
With back to back games you have to wonder if Mike Smith will get a start, and if so, against the Devils or the Bruins? Erlendsson's game preview says that Roloson is supposed to start tonight, so I guess that sets up Smith against Boston. Unless, it's back to back for Roloson? We'll have to see how this plays out in the next two days.
Roloson is to start tonight with Smith getting the start tomorrow night in Boston according to the Lightning Insider
Quote of the day:
Stamkos on why Martin St. Louis has been able to block 54 shots this season (from Lightning Strikes)
"He's just getting older," Stamkos said. "He can't get out of the way as quick."
- Lightning injuries: Ryan Malone, Mike Lundin and Mattias Ohlund
- Devils' injuries: Zach Parise, Bryce Salvador, Matt Taormina and Matthew Corrente (as I wrote this I wondered who are those last two guys?)
Your pre-game reading links:
- Official Lightning preview
- Official Lightning game notes
- Raw Charge's preview
- Tuesday's with Dani linkage
- RWTD on the Devils' trade of Arnott for Steckel
- Ryan Malone is expected to be back at the beginning of April
- The St. Peterburg Times on Martin St. Louis' swagger