21 January 2011
The Lightning have won three games in a row!
All by shootouts!
Those are six big points that the Lightning have picked up, two against a team from the Western Conference and the other four against teams in their own division. After last weekend's back-to-back losses the Lightning have rebounded well this week over these stretch of games.
Even in tonight's game where it seemed the refs gave the Panther's an entire period of penalties, the Lightning were able to fight it off and keep the game a 1-1 tie. The refs went a little stir crazy with handing out penalties to the Lightning for everything little thing that might have occurred. And that call against Dominic Moore? Terrible. But Dan Ellis was great in net and was the Lightning's best penalty killer tonight.
Puck Daddy has some stuff on whether Dominic Moore's shootout goal should have counted.
Whatever your take on that, it doesn't matter now since it did count. Sucks to be the Panthers.
Thoughts from the last two game:
- Dominic Moore has scored in two straight shootouts
- Boucher has been using Hedman in the shootout. No goals for him though in his last three attempts
- The Lightning have a three point lead on the Capitals for top in the division
- The Lightning play another divisional game on Sunday, with a rematch against the Thrashers
- The Thrashers have now lost 11 straight games to the Lightning
- Stamkos has the league best 37 goals
- Stamkos is now tied with Crosby at 66 points for the top of the points race
Want more Tokarski?