11 February 2011
Enemy Blog: Head over to Canes Country for your opposition blog coverage
Record: Lightning (33-17-5) Hurricanes (26-22-7)
Game time: 7:30pm EST on SUN (HD) and on the radio at 620 WDAE
Free Stuff: First 2,500 women receive a pink Steven Stamkos t-shirt and 5000 thundersticks will be given out to people in Lightning stuff.
There is also a post-game concert on the West Plaza stage featuring Edwin McCain (he sang that song 'I'll Be"....oh wait I found a video of it on youtube with Hilary Duff). The concert is free with a hockey ticket. For more info on game day stuff click here.After a complete meltdown in the third period against the Sabres on Tuesday, the Lightning have had more than a few days to reflect on the 7-4 loss. With only one game this weekend against Carolina, the Lightning look to bounce back after that night of embarassment. The key to tonight is to stay focused and work hard for all 60 minutes of the game.
It will be tough for the forwards as they are without Ryan Malone for the forseeable future, but like I said yesterday, at least it happened now and not sometime in March. According to the Lightning insider, he is not expected to have surgery. Nate Thompson is also out for Saturday night's game as he has a mild concussion
- The Lightning have played against Carolina twice this season, winning 5-1 on December 20th and losing 6-4 on January 15th.
- Johan Harju was called up to the Lightning from Norfolk because Malone and Thompson are both out for the game
- Lightning injuries: Ryan Malone, Nate Thompson and Mike Lundin are out
- No word yet if Matt Smaby will play yet since he took a knee to the balls during Tuesday's game
- The Lightning will dress seven defenemen tonight
- Hurricane injuries: Jussi Jokinen and Joni Pitkanen
Your pre-game reading links: