25 April 2011
Record: Lightning 2 Penguins 3
Previous games: Game 1: 3-0 Pens, Game 2: 5-1 Lightning, Game 3: 3-2 Pens, Game 4: 3-2 Pens, Game 5: 8-2 LightningGame time: 7:00pm EST on CBC (HD), RDS (HD), SUN (HD), Versus (HD), ROOT and on the radio at 620 WDAE
Facing elimination for the second game in a row, the Lightning look to even up the series tonight back at home.
They made a statement in Pittsburgh to force a game 6 with an 8-2 victory on Saturday morning. Their special teams was great and players other than Lecavalier and St. Louis contributed to the scoresheet. Stamkos finally made an appearance with this 1st and 2nd goals of the series, something the team has needed all series.
The Lightning have not won a playoff game at home so far, and winning three games in a row will be a tough feat for them to do. But they've got one win down, and if they can get another, it becomes anyone's game when the series heads back to Pittsburgh on Wednesday.
Tonight the players need to focus on what has made them successful in this series so far. They need to keep applying the offense, both at even strength and on the powerplay, keep their emotions in check, and Roloson needs to be yet again fantastic.
In order to keep the players on a road trip feel and keep them a little isolated from what is going on at home, Boucher game the players the option of staying at a hotel on Sunday night.
- Lightning injuries: None
- Lightning scratches: TBA
- Boucher is expected to go with 7 D, and 11 forwards like he did in Game 5 again but there might be a switch of Randy Jones for Mike Lundin
- With the Admirals' season over, the Lightning have recalled Mattias Ritola, Blair Jones and Dustin Tokarski
- Penguin injuries: Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Dustin Jeffrey
- Matt Cooke is still suspended
Your pre-game reading links:
- Official Lightning preview
- Raw Charge game preview
- Get to Our Game's preview
- The Lightning Insider for Game 6
- Dwayne Roloson works by the 12 hour rule after each game, only reflecting for 12 hours for any win or loss before moving on to the next game (St. Petersburg Times)
- Matt Cooke has been watching video of his dirty plays with coach Bylsma or the assistant coaches in hopes of showing him his errors of judgement, but can he really change? (Globe and Mail)
- Charlie Sheen wore a Tampa Bay Lightning jersey the other day to his show in Tampa, after giving it to a female fan, she then flashed him