21 October 2010
This game ended with a goal review back in Toronto for what seemed like 8 years.
Nick Kypreos said on twitter that it took 8 minutes for Toronto decide because they had to wait on a feed from MSG.
Here's the video they were waiting for:
Matt Moulson scores to end the game in overtime with the Islanders taking a 3-2 victory. Whatever, we got one point out of the game and have another game tomorrow night.
So we lost, and Boucher says it wasn't because of the reviewed goal, it was from not coming out hard in the 1st. For not putting a good performance for the people who paid money to watch the game. I missed the 1st period, so I'll trust his judgement on his assessment of the team because they looked pretty good in the 2nd and 3rd to me.
Although judging by this photo....there really wasn't many people who paid to be at the game.
Hard numbers: Attendance comes in at 13,333
Notes from the night:
- DiPietro made some great saves
- Michael Grabner and PA Parenteau scored scored goal number 1 and 2 for the Islanders
- Bergenheim scored against his former team at the end of the 1st period
- Martin St. Louis had the other Lightning goal in the second period
- Kubina takes a penalty at the end of the third period and puts the Islanders up on a powerplay for the beginning of overtime
- Lecavalier returned to the line-up after missing the game against Dallas