22 November 2010
Both teams come into tonight's game with 24 points, the Lightning's record is 11-7-2 and the Bruins' is 11-5-2. This is the first of the four games that we'll play against the B's.
The Bruins currently have a ridiculous road record of 7-1-0. Much of that has to do with Tim Thomas playing well with a record of four shutouts and in 13 games played has 10 wins, 1 loss and 1 OT loss. His save % is .954 and GAA is 1.49. Let's compare that to Mike Smith who has a save % of .879 and a GAA of 3.38. Ouch.
The Lightning may get a break here, because those stats were for nothing since Tuuka Rask is expected to start according to Boston.com via the Days of Y'Orr game preview. Tuuka Rask has has 1 win and four losses and 1 OT loss this season.
The Lightning will have a moment of silence to honour Pat Burns before puck drop
First 10,000 fans tonight will get thundersticks
Former Lightning, not guy who this movie is about, John Tucker will be in the plaza running drills pre-game and signing autographs outside of section 312 during the second intermission
And it's student rush night for the game. So cheap tickets 2 hours before the game for college students.
- Mike Smith will get the start in goal
- Simon Gagne and Vincent Lecavalier are out for the Lightning
- Technically Ritola is eligible to play as his suspension is over, but may not play if coach Boucher goes with 7 defencemen
- Marc Savard, David Krejci, Marco Sturm and Trent Whitfield are out for the Bruins
Your pre-game reading links:
- Official Lightning preview
- Raw Charge's game preview
- Gagne's not saying he's playing Wednesday but he could play on Wednesday
Game time: 7:30pm EST on Versus (HD) and TSN2 (HD)