20 November 2010
Tonight is the first game against the Sabres this year. After two wins on the road so far, the Lightning are looking to make it three before heading back home.
Enemy Blog: Head over to SBN's Die by the Blade for your opposition blog coverage
Coming into tonight's game, the Sabres have been playing well, going 5-1-1 in the last couple of games. They played last night at home against the Kings and for the first time in forever (Oct 23rd) won in regulation.
Blair Jones and Mike Vernace were called up from Norfolk today according to a press release from the team. According to the Lightning Insider, the Lightning defence is pretty banged up right now and so Vernace is up as an insurance policy for the team in case they need his services.
Tonight is the last of the Lightning watch parties, tonight's will be held at the Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park. Bring your own lawn chairs and blankets to hang out and watch the game in the park.
- Mike Smith will get the start in goal
- Forward Blair Jones and defenceman Mike Vernace have been recalled from Norfolk
- Simon Gagne and Vincent Lecavalier is out with injury
Your pre-game reading links:
- Official Lightning preview
- Raw Charge's game preview
- Sad to read, but Nolan from Frozen Sheets Hockey is taking a break from writing for a little bit
- Negotiations for a contract extension for Stamkos have begun
- Good piece by Scott Morrison from CBC on Pat Burns
- Former captain, Dave Andreychuk says Pat Burns came to terms with dying
Game time: 7:00pm EST on SUN (HD)