09 March 2010
It's Monday and I've had a few links put together since there was no game tonight.
This week we're going on a roadtrip: Montreal to face the Habs tomorrow, in Toronto for the Leafs on Thursday and in Washington for the Caps (again) on Friday.
- I got sent a link from Paul who runs a website called Stadium Journey. One of their writers was in Tampa for Saturday night's game against the Thrashers and reviewed the St. Pete Times Forum. I've personally never been to watching a Lightning home game at the Forum, only seen them when they've been on the road, so it was actually kinda interesting to read what you home fans get at your rink. They say you fans are "as hockey-knowledgeable as any in the North" and the Forum ranks way higher than BankAtlantic Center where the Panther's play according to their reviews
- Interesting read from Justin Bourne on how the call-up of AHL players affect their bank roll of NHL teams. Most interesting part of it is how much the players get for their meal allowances
- Steven Stamkos was named NHL's Seconds Star of the Week after getting his 40th goal of the season and extending his point streak to 16 games. With 18 more games, how many goals do you think he's going to finish off the end of the season at?
- The Puck Daddy asks "Can Steve Downie really be part of the NHL's best line?", as hard as it is to believe it, he is. I'll give him props for being hardworking and reining in his douchebaggery this season, but he still has his moments where he loses his head
- Lecavalier talks about the hit from Cooke on Savard to Cristodero, yes that's the same Cooke that ended Lecavalier's season with a hit that dislocated his shoulder