14 March 2010
The Lightning are back in Tampa to begin a week long home stand which looks to be ugly. The Pens, Coyotes, Sabres and the Caps all come to visit this week. The Lightning currently have 68 points, 4 points back from 8th spot which Boston is currently sitting in.
Coming off of a loss the the Devils and the Hurricanes, the Penguins are looking to bounce back. This is the third time we've played the Penguins this season, with teams splitting the two games played. The next time we play them will be at the end of the month on March 31st in Pittsburgh.
Although Stamkos wasn't able to extend his 18 game point streak, the Lightning received a much needed two points from the Caps. We f-cking won a game. How does a Lightning fan know how to react to that? Winning. And mind you, winning against a team that isn't named the Atlanta Thrashers. Could we do it again tonight?
This week will not get any easier after facing the Pens, with two teams with excellent goaltending and a rematch against the Caps to end off the week. To keep the dream of the playoffs alive the Lightning need to pick up a few points out of the next few games, as hard as that may be and tonight may be one of their best opportunities but they'll have to do it without Ryan Malone and Mattias Ohlund tonight
- There is a tail-gate before the game starting at 2:30pm. It's all you can eat/drink, yes all you can drink beer, for $25 bucks
- The first 5000 fans get a Together We Will t-shirt
- The Lightning are having an game used equipment sale from 2-5pm
- Niitymaki to start
- Ryan Malone is out with an upper body injury
- Mattias Ohlund is out with a lower body injury
- David Hale is out with a lower body injury on injured reserve
- Zenon Konopka is out with back spasms