17 November 2009
Vinny covers his face thinking something bad may have happened, but Marty answers back: "High Five man?"
Mike Smith got the start in net tonight. Earlier today I was confused as to why you would give Smith the start even though it was Niitymaki who had gotten the Lightning points in games that they had no business being in. But we won, so I can't complain, but I am curious as to why, especially since our next game is not until Thursday night so Niity would have had plenty of rest...oh, but recap, that's why you're here:
The Lightning won. And they won in regulation.
Malone looks like someone just told him unicorns exist, jebus he look happy.
Here are some thoughts on the game:
- Mike Smith make 30 saves, some of those were big saves on Petr Prucha
- The Coyotes have less fans that we do
- Lecavalier, Tanguay and St. Louis all got goals. Vinny got two of them (though the second one was off of Hanzal's stick)
- Smith stacked the pads to stop Shane Doan's shot
- Hockey 101 tells you what a glove save is (at around the 2 min left in the 2nd)
- "The announced crowd was 9,503, ending a three-game streak of five-figure attendance", but if you saw the stands, you'd know that they were no where near 9500....